1. Antibacterial – The Kerson cherry contains many powerful antibacterial compounds, making it a new source of antibacterial agents, And it’s especially good for treating Staph infections, S. Epidemidis, P. vulgaris, K. Rhizophil, C. Diptheriae and other bacteria. This is important when we have so many antibiotic resistant bacteria.
2. Gout – Over the centuries many countries used Kerson Fruit to stop the pain associated with gout. Consuming 9 to 12 of the cherries three times a day seems to work well for treating the pain.
3. Diabetes – Kerson Fruit also lowers blood sugar thus making it great for those who are diabetic.
4. Vitamin C – The fruit contains a good amount of Vitamin C a potent antioxidant that helps to fight off colds, flues, and even cardiovascular disease. 100 grams of fruit yields 150 mgs of Vitamin C.
5. Pain Blocker – Kerson leaves made into tea are great for pain because they block pain receptors… a good antinociceptive agent similar to opiates.
6. Cardiovascular Protection – The leaves made into tea protect the heart from heart attacks, because the leaves contain antioxidants that prevent inflammation which leads to myocardial infarction
7. Cancer – The leaves have been studied and show great anticancer abilities and may be used more extensively in the future for treating cancer… more research to be done.
8. Anti-inflammatory – The leaves can be used as tea for treating inflammation and swelling and for lowering fevers.
9. Lowers Blood Pressure – Tea made of the leaves lowers blood pressure because it contains nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels thus improving blood flow.
10. Headaches – Eating the fruit and drinking tea made of the leaves works great for getting rid of headaches.
11. Antioxidant – Kerson Fruit and leaves contain lots of antioxidants in fact over 24 flavonoid and phenolic compounds like that found in green tea… plus saponin compounds.
12. Contains – Kerson Fruit contain fiber, water, carbs, protein for strong muscles, calcium and phosphorus for strong bones, iron for anemia, and B-Vitamins for vitality and good mood.
13. Flowers – The flowers boiled for tea are a good antiseptic agent for skin wounds and also works well for treating abdominal cramps.